How to Create an Authentic Paella Spice Mix
There's nothing tastier than an authentic paella - well in the non-biased opinion of us at Paella World anyway!
We would recommend the following ingredients to create yourself the perfect paella spice mix - we stock them all and they are made by one of Spain's finest spice providers - Salsafran.
Plus, for a limited time, you can enjoy 10% off all our paella spices. Simply add the spices to your basket and the discount will be automatically applied at checkout!
Paella Spice Mix
These quantities are the recommendations for a 4 portion paella, so amend the quantities as per your portion size!
1. Saffron - 1/8 gram finely powdered.
2. Paprika - Hot, smoked, mild, or sweet, use 1-2 tablespoons of whichever paprika your tastebuds prefer! We have them all in different sizes!
3. Cayenne Pepper - 1/2 a teaspoon but, if you like more heat, make it a full teaspoon!
4. Garlic Powder - 2 teaspoons.
5. Salt & Pepper - 1/2 a teaspoon of pepper and a sprinkling of salt.
You also can't go wrong with a bit of rosemary or oregano!
Mix these spices in a dry mixing bowl and seal in an airtight container for multiple uses, as this will keep the spices potent.